Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Ephesians 5:20 (KJV)

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

It is sobering to think it has been 1 full year since we lost our Dad. It really seems that it really hasn't happened, but it did and the memories made during his time on earth will never be forgotten. He was my Buddy and my friend whom I respected dearly. It causes me to STOP and think that life is but a vapor and then it is over. All is lost without Christ in your life and Daddy was definitely a man who called Christ his Father and Savior. He offered many prayers for me.

2 Corinthians 5
vs 1--For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
vs 6-Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
vs.7(-For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
vs.8-We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
vs.9-Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

It is a glorious feeling to know that this body is not what we have hope in, but He has promised to give us an incorruptible building that is not made with hands. Do you think that when he refers to mansions in John 14:2--In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you, he just might be referring to "OUR BUILDING" being prepared to enter his Kingdom? Interesting!

No comments: