Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You think You are alone?

            Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb. 13:5

           Paul was actually referring to a scripture in Joshua 1:5- No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

         There were many days and nights during my "PRODIGAL SON" time that I thought that he was no where to be found. Mornings I would wake up so sick from all the party time. The world looked a little less than what I wanted or willing to deal with. I was really just feeling a sorry for myself and blaming God for taking my kids away from me and making my life so miserable. What I didn't stop to realize was I had made this mess myself.

         Reminded me of a story in 1 Kings 19. Elijah was somewhat afraid of Jezebel and was trying to make God feel sorry for him. What is interesting to me is when you go back to 1 Kings 18, Elijah had just come from a "FIREY" miracle dealing with the prophets of Baal. What a great time he had showing King Ahab what his GOD could do with no effort.
        How soon we forget the mighty love and power OUR God has. We become so involved in our own self pity.

        We have to be very careful how we deal with "Self-Pity". In Genesis 6:3, God tells Noah....He will not always strive with man.......He proved this with Aaron sons. Lev. 10:1-3

       God will always have a people that will be faithful to him. In 1 Kings 19:18.says--.yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
So paraphrasing....Get over it Elijah!

         I found out very quickly, that Jesus REALLY did love me and reminded me of his never ending LOVE.
1 John 4:8 --Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.


         It was so apparent to me, when I woke up from sleeping on a cold, damp, concrete floor, I was no longer in control. The self pity had to go and my dependency HAD to be on God. When you get to the place of letting GOD be your body, soul and mind and get out of the way, he will do things in your life you can only dream of. His mercy is for ever and always. 

Psalms 100:5-For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.


         Turning my life back to Christ and giving him ALL of me was a easy decision when I really found he REALLY does LOVE me and wanted to make life better than I had it. This is his desire for all of who come to him with a repentive heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good, all the time!

Virginia C said...

Good post.